How to Feel 10 Years Younger
Happy Mother’s Day! If you’re a mother, it’s no doubt you think about time… time flying by as your kiddos grow older, and perhaps also back to a time when you felt younger. Age has a mean way of sneaking up on us.
Remember how you used to long to be older, with more freedom, confidence and your life all figured out? Where are you now? Are you enjoying the life you created? Or do you wish you could go back in time? Here are several tips to help you feel younger!
Improve What You Eat
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Try Greek yogurt to improve your digestive system, boosting immune function and improve your metabolism fire properly.
- Eat clean and green to improve gut health, burn fat better and fight inflammation.
- Fill your plate with plants rich in antioxidants.
- Eat organic fruits, vegetables, meats and diary.
- Avoid excess sugar, which his linked to high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and kidney disease.
- Eat more Omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon and tuna.
Get Moving for More Energy and Strength
- Start the day with a stretch to combat tension and achy joints.
- Take a daily walk.
- Exercise regularly.
- Try yoga and Pilates.
- Try interval training to burn fat more efficiently.
- Don’t skip strength training to firm muscles and strengthen bones.
- Practice balancing on one foot.
- Get better sleep.
Do More Things to Get Enjoyment Out of Life
- Be open to new experiences to live a longer, healthier, happier life.
- Find a hobby or activity that makes you happy.
- Prioritize traveling more.
- Accept the things in life that you cannot control.
- If you need help dealing with anxiety, consider talking to a therapist.
- Spent more time with your kids or grandkids.
- Strengthen your connections with friends, neighbors and coworkers.
- Be useful, volunteer and help others.
- Meditate to reduce blood pressure, ease insomnia and decrease instances of depression.
- Switch up your wardrobe for a fresh, new style.
- Change your hair style.
- Whether it’s a language, a hobby or a skill: learn something new.
- Declutter and organize your home.
- Laugh more and socialize often.
Protect Your Skin
- Moisturize twice daily to reduce the appearance of lines and get brighter, more youthful skin.
- Wear the right sunscreen every single day.
- Use an antioxidant serum.
- Use Vitamin C, which make collagen to keep your skin firm and elastic.
- Try alpha hydroxy acids or laser treatments to fade age spots.
- Pamper yourself: get a facial (and while you’re at it, a massage and pedicure too).